Leading foodservice provider unveils annual associate appreciation program to honor thousands of team members nationwide
CHARLOTTE, N.C., OCT. 13, 2021 — Chartwells Higher Education, a recognized leader in contract food service management, today announced the debut of its YouFirst Day (YFD) program, a company-wide initiative focused on recognizing and celebrating the accomplishments of associates, taking place on October 13, 2021.
Through the YouFirst Day program, Chartwells teams nationwide will create new traditions and fun, themed-events with the goal of commemorating associates’ efforts throughout the year. Celebrations will vary by campus, including activities such as:
- Themed-parties and events: Associate-focused parties decorated with YFD-themed balloons, banners and other types of party decorations
- Awards: Framed or cardstock-printed hero awards issued to associates commemorating their time with the company
- Unique attire: Team members are encouraged to wear Chartwells Higher Education or YFD-themed attire, including t-shirts, buttons and stickers
- Giveaways: Curated prizes and moments geared toward promoting togetherness
- Thank you cards: Notes of appreciation from campus students, leadership and colleagues
“Here at Chartwells, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging work environment, and a culture where our associates are proud to work together,” said Lisa McEuen, CEO of Chartwells Higher Education. “The YouFirst Day program is our company’s way of showing gratitude for all the hard work our team members do every day, and I cannot wait to see all the unique celebrations and new traditions during the program’s inaugural celebration this year.”
Moving forward, Chartwells’ YouFirst Day program will reoccur every year on the 2nd Wednesday of October.